Custom ticket or case fields that you define in your help desk are incredibly useful, giving agents relevant data to speed up case resolution or personalize the reply depending on relevant data and attributes.
These fields are either filled by the end-user when submitting a support request or added by a system integration (an external system or an internal integration populating this data via API).
Common use cases include asking the end-user about its native language, operating system, or querying the internal company systems to gather information on the billing plan, account number, or order information.
One of the reasons why custom ticket fields play an important role is that they are crucial for users to receive a personalised reply depending on their billing plan or product they are using.
With Cleverly, it is possible to use custom fields data in automations to personalize replies depending on these fields. Examples of automations in this regard include:
- Replying automatically, with a personalised reply if the end-user has Android or iOS
- Replying automatically only if the customer is on a free plan
To configure an automation using custom field conditions please follow these steps:
- Sign in to your Cleverly Dashboard;
- Use the left menu and navigate to “Automations”;
- Click “Create automation”;
- Fill in the mandatory fields:
- Give the automation a name;
- Select if it will run on created tickets or updated tickets;
- Click on the plus sign under “Conditions” and select “Integration custom field” which is closer to the bottom of the list. Once you click “Next” the available custom fields that we have gathered from your Help desk will display. Select the one you want to base your automation on and click “Next”. Choose the options that apply, namely the condition (Is / Is not) and click “Add” to select the desired value;
- Repeat the process if you want your automation to run depending on other conditions;
- Configure the actions to be performed for this automation;
- Click “Save as Active” to have your automation up and running or “Save as Inactive” to leave it Off. To turn it On use the toggle on the top right corner of the page when you are ready.