Cleverly automatically assigns a category to each new ticket within two minutes of arrival. Besides helping agents find the right answer for each ticket, the Cleverly category can be used for different triage use cases.
One of the best uses cases to increase efficiency when handling new tickets is for agents to handle similar tickets in succession. With Cleverly’s automatic categorization, you can have your agents handle a batch of tickets of the same category at the same time.
This best practice will ensure your agents don’t have to change topic at each ticket, nor switch context for every ticket. This results in higher efficiency and a more enjoyable experience for the agent.
Creating a view for new tickets grouped by category
In order to create a new view on Zendesk follow these steps:
- Log in to your Zendesk account
- Go to Admin > Manage > Views
- In the Views section on Zendesk, click “Add view”
If you are now seeing the interface for a new view, you will have to configure the following details:
- Title - A meaningful title, e.g. New Tickets by category
- Meet all of the following conditions:
- Ticket: Status | Less than | Pending
- Under Formatting options > Table columns, drag the field cleverly_category from the left to the right column (Columns included in table)
- Under “Group by” select cleverly_category
- Click “Create view”
You are now able to see all new tickets by category which is not only useful to understand the Cleverly categorization better, but also for agents to pick several tickets within the same topic.
Alternatively, you can clone your existing view for new tickets and add the “Group by cleverly_category” option.
The same solution can be used for all unsolved tickets, not just new ones. (Condition on Ticket: Status | Less than | Solved).
(Screenshot of Zendesk new view configuration for group by cleverly_category)
(Screenshot of Zendesk view of new tickets grouped by Cleverly category)
Organizing a separate view for specific categories
Besides creating a view grouped by Cleverly category, you can also triage tickets to separate views according to their categories.
Here are a few ideas for separate views:
- Separate view for the tickets of the most common category
- Separate view for the tickets which don’t require an answer (e.g. Out-of-office replies, delivery notifications, etc.)
- Separate view for different languages
Any of these configurations would require you to configure the view so that:
- Meeting any of the following conditions:
- Ticket:cleverly_category | Is | <category name>
- E.g. Ticket:cleverly_category Is Billing refund request
(Screenshot of Zendesk view configuration conditioned on Cleverly category)