A Script is a description of steps or internal procedures that should be followed when dealing with a particular customer request. For example, a Script can detail the actions which an agent should perform before processing a refund to a customer. Scripts show directly within the Cleverly widget, according to the card they are assigned to.
Scripts will help you onboard new agents by providing them guidelines right from the interface where they are replying to customers. They can also save time for seasoned agents who would otherwise have to look up the information elsewhere.
All the Scripts in your account are listed in the Knowledge section of the Cleverly Dashboard. To edit an existing Script:
- Log in to your Cleverly Dashboard;
- Click on “Knowledge” on the left menu of your Cleverly Dashboard;
- Click on Scripts to filter only that type of resource;
- Use the search bar to find the Script you want to edit.
- Click on the Script name to open the Script details page;
- Click on “Edit”;
- Change any fields you would like;
- Click “Save”.
Script draft revisions
Similarly to Macros, you can also create draft revisions of Scripts under the "Drafts" tab.
A draft is a temporary alternative version of a Script that you can work on before replacing the existing Script.
To create a draft revision of a Script:
- Click on the "Drafts" tab (top center) of an existing Script. There are two options:
- Create draft from scratch: creates a new draft, with empty Title and Text fields;
- Create draft and copy existing: creates a new draft, and copies the Title and Text fields from the existing version of the Script (the one seen under the "Details" tab);
- Click “Save”.
Once the Script is ready to be used, change its status from “Needs Review” to “Accepted” and click on “Replace Existing” to overwrite the current live version of the Script with the Draft.
- Change the status to "Accepted";
- Click on "Replace existing".