A Macro is an answer template which agents can use when replying to customer requests.
When you create a Macro, it becomes available for use within your favorite helpdesk and via the search bar on the Cleverly widget. However, you can further increase productivity configuring Macros to appear as suggestions for specific categories.
A macro assignment will configure Cleverly to show the Macro as a suggestion in tickets of the card it was assigned to. Moreover, you can configure further conditions such as the language of the customer request, so that English macros only show up as suggestions in English requests, for example.
Configuring an existing Macro to appear as a suggestion
Macro suggestions are configured from the Cards section of the Cleverly Dashboard. On this page, you will find a card for each of the categories which describe your customer requests.
To configure an existing Macro to appear as a suggestion:
- Log in to your Cleverly Dashboard;
- Click on “Cards” on the left menu of your Cleverly Dashboard;
- For the card you want the Macro to be assigned to, click on its name to open the card page.
- Click on the “Assign reply template” button;
- Pick “Macro” and then select the Macro which you want to assign to this category;
- Define the assignment conditions. Cleverly currently supports conditioning the assignment on Language (e.g. configure the Macro to show as a suggestion for English tickets only). If you want this Macro to show up as a suggestion, independent of which language the request is in, leave the default option “All”.
- Click “Assign to card”.
Congratulations, the Macro will now show in the Cleverly Widget for requests of this category. This is true for requests which are automatically assigned this category, as well as the ones where an agent changes the category within the Cleverly widget.
Configuring a new Macro to appear as a suggestion
If you are looking to configure a template suggestion for a specific category but don’t have the content created as a Macro yet, you will first have to visit the “Knowledge” section to create the Macro.
You can then return to the Card page and follow the instructions above to assign the newly created Macro to this card.
Lastly, it might make sense to suggest more than one Macro at each time, see here how you can do that.
Tip: If a Macro is assigned to a category but not showing up in the Cleverly widget, it might be the case that this Macro has the “Draft” or “Unpublished” status. Only Macros with the status “Published” will show in the widget.